Spider Crawler

Custom Search

Google Content Adds I

Monday, February 1, 2010

Farmville!!

Think what would happen if playing games deflects you too far beyond the threshold!!

I was an ardent player of Farmville, a game in face book (SNS), which makes players, a virtual farmer. It provokes aspect of farm-life like plowing and planting crops, fertilizing in between, harvesting them once they are grown. It is not only about crops and fruits, but also about decorating the farm, taking care of the animals, adding neighbors, giving and receiving gifts to and from the neighbors, and so and so and so.

From Dawn to dusk, I used to think about maintaining my farm. I should tell some of its heights :) I was having coffee with my friend in pantry. I found some plants with the flowers fully grown. I told my friend, without even thinking that they are plastic and that they are kept it in showcase, “Hey the flowers are grown and why are they not harvested yet. It will wither soon.” He started mocking at me and later I have realized :) It happened not only to me but also to my friend, from whom I have got impressed on Farmville and started playing it :P I told the story to my friend. She replied her own identical version of it. Ha Ha.

I was in 33rd level. I had around 30 neighbors and a little competition at my same level. It got more fun. It is also, a kind of, relaxing at the end of a long day to just sit and harvest my crops. Moreover, I liked Farmville because it changed my mind when I was down, and gave me damn lot of patience. I should also mention about the friendship that sprang up from it. But I could be much more productive with my time!

This game looked innocent on the surface. But few players have admitted to becoming addicted. The thought struck me from out of the blue. At first, you get sucked in, plant and harvest different trees and flowers, get buildings and decorations, get all the ribbons and beat your friends. After all these, the game stops having no point. You would be having 50 crore coins and few Farmville points. You would get different buildings and decorate. Then?? The level would increase but soon, it becomes boring. So don’t waste a month of your life sitting for hours/days and waiting for your crops to grow.

Am I the one and only, who look at this as a boring and time consuming game?

5 comments:

  1. Believe me...I hate computer gamers like anything.....and I know U dont want to be hated by me...so quit playing games on computer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barath, I also used to play FarmVille whenever i am free, and i will play FarmVille till i enjoy that game. When i will feel bored i will switch to something else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel growing ur own natural farm could create lot more of peace rather than doing it in a dumb system.
    Hope it makes sense..Its eco friendly too.. Of course u require some additional patience for that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @vikram: sometimes, it makes ur mind peace and calm :)
    @joyce: if you can lend me some money :P
    @anuj: i wrote it for guys like u :)

    ReplyDelete

Google Content Adds III